When it comes to prescription eyeglasses, there are a wide range of frames and styles to consider. However, with the wide array of eyeglass lenses available, it is even more important to consider what lenses suit your needs. By understanding what each type has to offer, you’ll be one step closer to having improved vision and comfort in your day-to-day life .
Bifocal lenses are a great solution for individuals struggling with nearsightedness and farsightedness. These lenses offer a distinct division, separating the lens into two areas: the upper portion for distance, and the lower portion for near vision correction.
• Convenience: Bifocal lenses eliminate the need to switch between different pairs of glasses for near and distance vision.
• Cost-effective: Bifocal lenses provide a combined vision solution, saving you from investing in multiple pairs of glasses.
Progressive lenses, also known as multifocal lenses, have changed the way those with farsightedness manage their vision correction needs. Unlike bifocal lenses, progressive lenses do not have visible lines, offering a seamless transition between different vision zones.
• Vision Progression: These lenses provide a gradual change in prescription power, allowing for smooth transitions.
• Field of View: Progressive eyeglass lenses provide a broader field of view, reducing the need to tilt the head up or down to find the correct focus.
Transition lenses are a great choice for those looking for both vision correction and sun protection. These lenses automatically adapt to changing light conditions, darkening when exposed to UV light and returning to normal when indoors or at night.
• Sun Protection: Transition eyeglass lenses eliminate the need for separate prescription sunglasses, as they darken outdoors to protect your eyes.
• Visual Comfort: These lenses reduce glare and enhance contrast in bright outdoor environments, improving visual comfort.
Choosing the right prescription eyeglass lens type depends on several factors, including your specific needs, lifestyle, and preferences. By selecting the right eyeglass lens type for your needs, you can enjoy clear and comfortable vision throughout your day. Stop by Gordon Optical today to see what we currently have available.
For more information, contact: